would lose shelter !
Let’s help to build a separate hostel for girls.
Support us in building the separate Girls Hostel for 100 HIV infected
There are so many reasons why the suffering of innocent children brings a lump to the throat. But the number one heartbreaker has got to be the abandonment by their families, left on the roadside. Sadly, this almost always happens to children with HIV, often infected by their mothers since birth, and cast aside as soon as they get ill and test positive.
Mahesh Foundation was started in the year 2008 and since then has been working for the welfare of HIV infected children and underprivileged children. Since its inception, it has reached thousands of underprivileged children.
Let’s build hope for needy children who lack education.
Mahesh Foundation has provided shelter to 45 HIV-infected children and most of them are either orphans or single parents who couldn’t take care of their children because of poverty or ill-health conditions. Hence, Mahesh Foundation has taken complete responsibility for such children and providing them nutrition, healthcare and free quality education.
Education is a precious diamond. Let us ensure to children that it is not expensive.
WHAT ARE BIG QUESTIONS:
Mahesh Foundation has provided shelter to 45 HIV-positive orphan children providing them nutrition, education, and healthcare. Now, we are planning to build a separate care home for HIV+ve orphan girls that would ensure accommodation facilities for around 100 children.
- This building will consist of separate accommodation facilities, restroom facilities, dining facilities, and other necessities that especially girl children need. The school building is just beside our existing premises and there is no difficulty in conveyance as well as it ensures schooling up to 10th standard. To build this care home, we required Rs. 1.5 crores.
Why it is needed?
Mahesh Foundation has separate floors for the accommodation of boys and girls with all the facilities such as drinking water, sanitation, accommodation, and all other necessary facilities that children needed.
The Supreme Court has ordered all the Child Care Institutions in India to maintain separate premises for the boys and girls and this made us build new premises. For this, the government has given a deadline of one year. If we fail to do so, then we have to send either girls or boys back to the home. As the children are orphans and abandoned by their relatives, it will be difficult for them to lead their life.
Together, as we help them, we will secure our future too.
Where we are building?
- Mahesh Foundation is not ready to abandon those children and started building a new facility for girls. We have the land beside our existing premises in Kanabargi, Belagavi. It will help us in monitoring from the place where we are located.
- The new premises will include accommodation facilities as well as kitchen, dining facilities and all other facilities that are needed for the girl children. The children can easily have access to education and other facilities such as computer labs, library, and classrooms as the current premises is just beside the proposed new building.
This is a 100% not-for-profit organization and ensures the proper utilization of the disbursed funds with utmost transparency to support the deprived children.
When- the duration to complete?
The Government has given a deadline of one year starting from April 2021. We are planning to make it available for the children by March 2022. But as an NGO, we are mostly reliant on individual supporters to meet our day-to-day requirements. Such a huge amount to construct the new premises that cost crores of rupees is a challenging one for Mahesh Foundation.
About Mahesh Foundation and its history:
- Mahesh foundation reaches more than 20,000 beneficiary children every year under our various programs. Mahesh Foundation has been supporting them for the past 12 years.
- We have supported more than 2000 children under our program ASHAKIRAN care home. We look after their overall development until the age of 18 years ensuring safe accommodation, nutritious food, quality education and healthcare.
- In collaboration with many corporates, Mahesh Foundation distributed school kits and provided medical services to the people who were affected by the flood in North Karnataka in 2019.
- Mahesh Foundation adopted two slums in Belagavi and worked to provide sustainable facilities to the slum dwellers.
- Empowering the slum dweller and needy women by providing a platform to earn their livelihood. Helping them in becoming self-reliant in life.
- Through “Utkarsha Learning Center” providing education to the HIV infected and underprivileged slum children. The school has enrolled more than 100 children and provides them free skill-based education ensuring 50% of girl children.
How can you donate?
This is a 100% not-for-profit organization and ensures the proper utilization of the disbursed funds with utmost transparency to support underprivileged children.
Please follow this link to donate. https://donate.maheshfoundation.org/
Alternatively, you can also choose to transfer donations online through the below details:
Payee Name: MAHESH FOUNDATION
Bank Name: UNION BANK OF INDIA
Branch Name: MAHANTESH NAGAR BRANCH, BELGAUM
Account No: 675802010000419
IFSC Code: UBIN0567582
Account type: SAVING A/C
Google Pay / Phone Pe No: 7353767637
UPI ID: 7353767637@UPI
If you have queries, please get in touch with us on 7353767637 / 8494945327.